At Thornhill Nursery School & Kindergarten, we encourage parents to get involved and participate in their child’s first school experience.
Evidence has shown that a parent who is interested and involved in their children’s education benefits everyone:
- students do better throughout school and life
- parents become empowered
- teachers’ morale improves
- school quality gets better
- communities grow stronger
In addition, attendance at the annual general meeting and parent orientation information meeting is encouraged, as well as support for our fundraising and special events organized throughout the school year.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors guide the policies and procedures for the school as well as lead fundraising activities.
The Board of Directors and Its Responsibilities:
Members of the Board are parents in the school, or interested members of the community, who serve on a voluntary basis. They are committed to the goals of the school and have the following specific duties and responsibilities:
- Determining and supporting the philosophy of the school and its objectives and goals;
- Defining the duties and responsibilities of the members;
- Attending monthly meetings;
- Adhering to the Articles and By-laws of the Corporation;
- Ensuring all legal requirements are met;
- Meeting all financial obligations;
- Adopting and supporting the annual budget;
- Maintaining the history, archives and business files of the school;
- No previous Board experience necessary.
The members of the Board are voted in at the annual September meeting.