An anaphylactic reaction is an allergic reaction so severe it can cause death. Nuts and peanuts are common triggers for anaphylaxis. As we have children registered in our programs with these allergies, nuts and peanuts are not permitted at our school.
If your child eats a peanut butter or other such product prior to entering the school, please ensure that his/her hands are thoroughly washed and his/her teeth brushed. A peanut/nut allergy can be so severe that even touching or inhaling a trace amount may trigger a life-threatening reaction.
When selecting a snack for your child, please read the labels carefully. Some products may state “may contain nuts or nut products”. These items may not be consumed at the school and they will be either returned to you unopened or removed completely to ensure the safety of all the children.
For birthday treats, you may bring in items that are store bought and do not state “may contain nuts or nut products”. If it is bought from a bakery, that bakery must claim to be completely peanut/nut free in order for us to serve the item.
If you would like a list of known safe products, please consult your child’s teacher or check in the office on the bulletin board.
I AGREE TO FOLLOW THE NUT/PEANUT FREE POLICY AS STATED ABOVE.